Got Property Tax Woes…?
Do you owe back property taxes? Beware! Investors are like vultures when it comes to properties that owe back taxes. The more you know about your county laws the more you can protect yourself. Each county is different. Scroll to the bottom of this page for helpful links to county information. If you don’t see your county give us a shout out and we’ll be happy to help you!
Here in Orange Co Florida Did you know??…
- When owners default on the property taxes investors pick up the bill and earn interest until a) homeowners pay the redemption amount, or b) the investor (certificate holder)pushes the property to auction
- The certificate holder must hold the note for 2 years. Then the house can be sold at auction.
- The owner can redeem their property prior to auction at any time. They must pay ‘the redemption’ amount. Which usually consist of the taxes, fees, interests, etc.
- If the owner cannot redeem their property taxes; their house then goes to public auction 🙁
There is so much more involved in this process. If you’d like to know more give us a call or shoot us an email. We love to share what we know!
County Website Links:
Orange County Fl: http://www.occompt.com
Seminole County FL: http://www.seminoleclerk.org
Lake County FL: http://www.lakecountyclerk.org
Volusia County FL: http://www.clerk.org/
Property taxes are no joke. Your house will be sold and you will get booted out. The state don’t play. I have talked to many homeowners that are delinquent on their property taxes. Some just do not take it seriously. Don’t be like them. If you are behind and need help, reach out!
– [Particular Properties LLC]